Saturday, September 10, 2022

Velvet skies

The moon 
hears all your secrets, 
wishes and dreams 
born of stars, 
she kisses your tears 
hidden
by black velvet skies, 
and embraces
your reticence 
concealed by daylight, 
she is your peace
She shares her light 
on your darkest nights 
and gives breadth 
to hope and all of your 
midnights 

You see
I know what it’s like
to be alone
obscured by daylight 

I have never 
belonged
to this world
I am always
adrift in an 
endless cycle
phasing in and out
always circling the outside 
lost in a sea 
of beauty from a billion stars
greedily stealing the
warmth given by 
the sun

So you must be 
the sun because 
you are brilliant and beautiful 
and your soul burns 
too bright for this world
but it never stops
you from
giving life to everything 
and always being 
a light
for everyone 
even when you are weary,
still you burn 

And here I am 
selfish again
because 
I want to forget 
the world
that keeps us apart
I want to bathe 
and burn
in your light 
And feel our souls
melt into one
when our celestial
and ethereal 
bodies collide 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...