Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Does your faith affect your relationship? Friend of mine is an atheist or is it an agnostic??...they don't necessarily believe in a higher power. Their significant other is recently saved and quite devout in their new found faith. So much so - that while it was an unspoken respected difference, it has become a sore spot and a taboo topic. My friend was going to approach the subject to help their significant other to understand that they believe differently. My friend doesn't impose their beliefs and would expect likewise in return. This was a expectation laid out and agreed upon previously. Now the significant other is becoming critical and crossing boundaries with serious undertones. (my personal opinion - not very Christian like) Somehow, this may turn out to be a deal breaker. Is faith a deal breaker for you? And why? Isn't it okay for people to agree to disagree? A little input....

1 comment:

  1. Is faith a deal breaker? No, yes, maybe? can it be a huge hurdle for sure. I personally am not a big "Faith" person. I respect others beliefs, as well as I would expect them to respect my lack of. If my significant other would be ok with that then all is well. If they were to try to bring me over to the other side, and vice versa if they thought I was trying to change their beliefs. I would hope a civilized conversation would follow and a coming to terms would result.

    I have not met too many religious/athiest (agnostic) relationships. Only one that I know of. She is very devout and he is and has always been an athiest. I don't see how it can work out, total extremes. But so far so good, Love must be able to overcome the differnce for some.

    Good luck to your friends.

    bb

    ReplyDelete

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...