Friday, January 29, 2010

Compromise

It's a funny thing. Somehow I keep thinking I'll come out of this unscathed. Truth is none of us do. There's is always some degree of pain and regret, whether we choose to admit it or not. And we can never really have everything we want. So must of us settle. SO I kept thinking am I being selfish by wanting more? Am I being unrealistic in thinking that I should hold out for some semblance of what I feel I deserve? I mean, look at what we have to choose from...it's a sad world. People are bruised and broken and carrying around decades of baggage. Everyone is searching for somebody to accept them and all that they are, does anyone ever accept everything that you are? Will we always be searching for that unconditional love? There will always be conditions of one sort or another...because in that equation of two - one will always be you and you know that you will have your own conditions, your own ideas. And that should be okay - because well, we are all individuals. Sometimes, agreeing to disagree can be difficult to wrap your arms around. SO I ask you what do you want? And what are you willing to compromise for what you want? Or would you rather just settle? ...me? Nah! I'm part of this sad world, I'm broken, bruised and carrying baggage - but you know what I've always settled. And I don't want to anymore, I know I deserve more. You are out there, you always have been...and someday we will meet and you will love me just as desperately as I will love you. Oh, I'll compromise I just won't compromise myself ANYMORE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...