Sunday, January 24, 2010

Smoke and Mirrors

SO here's a mystery that needs a bit of sorting. A friend is seeing this guy. Give or take a year. One moment he can be doting and attentive and the next day he is MIA. Doesnt return texts or calls, claims his phone was off or dead or he left it in the car. Mind you - this guy doesn't go anywhere without his phone. What separates this is the exclusivity of the relationship. While it's not well known to everyone they are seeing each other - it is a spoken exclusivity between the two of them. Now this is one of the most complicated relationships I know about. And I'm only one of a few select people that does know about this relationship. A lot of secrets. What bothers me - is I know my friend really cares about this guy. And NO I don't think he is on the level. He uses a lot of smoke and mirrors when asked simple questions. What? She is willing to open herself up to the possibly painful answer...bracing herself for the worst. It's always one end of the spectrum or the other in terms of attention from this guy. There are a lot of unanswered questions. His daughter, her mother. My friend is at a pivotal moment in the relationship where she is torn by love and the need to protect herself. She has lost trust and respect and faith. And still she can't help loving him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...