Sunday, January 31, 2010

Devil's Advocate

Just when you think you have it all figured out. A friend comes along and shows you a side you never even entertained, now this can be both good and/or bad. (circumstantial, of course) I like being put in check...sometimes, it's a healthy dose of reality and I learn something. This time, yes - but only because only my closest friends know how I feel. I was so sure I knew what was going on. Then a guy friend said...down girl. What you think you know about men and relationships isn't necessarily true. You may be reading the signs (his signs) all wrong. Maybe he's into you and just testing you. Maybe he just needs his space to figure things out. He is still a guy. And if he's been hurt then perhaps he's pacing himself. Then he asked do I really want to be serious anyway?? And if I did, haven't I always preached at how important it is to be friends first and let things take their own course? WOW!! It's all so true! Here I am so sure of what I think I know, when in reality I'm just inserting my own thoughts. So dangerous! So it helped to have a guy play devil's advocaste. It certainly helped me to see a different perspective, one I had not considered. (because my mind always races to the most contemptious of conclusons first - yes a recurring scar from the past) And haven't I already said how unfair it is to impress upon someone new all the pain and regret of old?? So glad I didn't decide to "air" this one out just yet. I would've looked real stupid. I will eventually have that talk - but it needs to be when I'm ready to consider the possibility of this progressing into something more. Friends is good right now. Friends is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...