Friday, April 5, 2024

Do not think or speak of me as if you know me. I am so many different women, and too often shadows of the men I revere. No one gets the same version of me, not even my children. 

It is not for a lack of wanting someone to know and understand me, it is simply that I can only dream of who I can be whilst navigating my life and becoming all that I am. 

For anyone to fall silently in the belief that they know what darkness or what beacon of light lies hidden deep beneath this pale skin and raging blood, is foolish. I don’t even know me, even when I think I know who I am. For I am capable of such great and terrible things and only life can shine a light on the shadows of who that might be. And with every challenge I face and every breath I take and every smile that changes the look on my face, for every word uttered, every billionth thought kept quietly in the crevices of my mind and every emotion or action that reveals the many facets of my heart and soul; it all serves to alter the constitution of my being. 

And I am never the same person, I was one moment before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...