Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Anais Nin

what  ...  an inspiration!  She walked her own path and reinvented herself time and time again.  Her passionate and raw writing whispers to my heart and soul. 

"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, and who has the courage to still treat me like a woman." 

"I love the abstract, delicate, profound, vague, voluptuously wordless sensation of living ecstatically."

"Please understand that I'm in full rebellion against my own mind, that when I live, I live by impulse, by emotion, by white heat."

"Love never dies a natural death.  It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source.  It dies of blindness, and errors, and betrayals.  It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering's, of tarnishing's."

"I'm restless. Things are calling me away.  My hair is being pulled by the stars again."

"Very slowly, with hands, tongues, mouths, we unwrapped and untied ourselves laying open gifts.  Gave birth to each other again, as separate bodies who enjoy collision."

"I want to love you wildly.  I don't want words but inarticulate cries, meaningless from the bottom of my most primitive being, that flow from my belly like honey.  A piercing joy that leaves me empty, conquered, silenced."

"I adore the struggle you carry in yourself.  I adore you terrifying sincerity."

"You can not save people, you can only love them."

"I don't tell the truth anymore to those who can't make use of it.  I tell it mostly to myself, because it will change me."

"I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women.  To enter in ordinary relationships. I want ecstasy. I am neurotic - - in the sense that I live in my world.  I will not adjust myself to the world.  I am adjusted to myself."

"Don't let one cloud obliterate the whole sky."

"Age does not protect you from love.  But love, to some extent, protects you from age."

"It is the function of art to renew our perception.  What we are familiar with we cease to see.  The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it." 

"Pain is something to master, not to wallow in."

"I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn’t impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...