Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Concessions

"Have you ever felt the longing for someone you could admire? For something, not to look down at, but look up to?"  ~Ayn Rand
"Among those whom I like and admire, I can find no common denominator.  Among those whom I love, I can; all of them make me laugh."  ~ Wystan Hugh Auden
"Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious."  ~Rachel Wolchin
"Never love anybody that treats you like you're ordinary."  ~Oscar Wilde
"You may not be her first, her last, or her only.  She loved before, she may love again.  But if she loves you now, what else matters?  She's not perfect - you aren't either.  And the two of you may never be perfect together, but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold on to her and give her the most you can.  She may not be thinking about you every single second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart.  So don't hurt her.  Don't change her.  Don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give.  Smile when she makes you happy.  Let her know when she makes you mad.  And miss her when she's not there."  ~Bob Marley
"It's beautiful when you find someone that is in love with your mind.  Someone that wants to undress your conscience and make love to your thoughts.  Someone that wants to watch you slowly take down all the walls you've built up around your mind and let them inside." ~Anonymous

I want....
...to be completely comfortable in silence. 
...to know I don't have to explain myself. 
...to be okay with being truly loved. 
...to know it's okay to be a mess sometimes. 
...to be able to accept a compliment I really like.
...to be seen as an equal. 
...to be fearless and resilient.
...to forever crave and seek knowledge.
...to feel like the only woman, in a room full of beautiful women.
...to have eternal optimism, especially in moments of adversity.
...to see the world and travel, forever exploring the unfamiliar.
...to always be kind, patient and dependable.
...to be imaginative and enthusiastic in all things I do.
...to be humble, gracious and hospitable.
...someone that will catch me when I fall. 
...someone that will stay up with me, when I can't sleep. 
...someone that thinks I'm silly & ridiculous, but never makes me feel like I am.
...someone that will complement my weaknesses.
...someone that lifts me up but isn't afraid to call me out, either.

"That awkward moment when you think you're important to someone, and realize you're not."  ~Anonymous
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...