Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Waitress

My daughter and I were lazing about recently, watching a movie called Waitress.  Well I think she was doing homework and I was folding clothes.  It was a decent movie, it was different.  Cute.  A movie with a message of course.  And as the movie is coming to an end, my daughter asks a question...

She asked, "What did you think the first time you saw my brothers and me, when we were born?"  I had to collect my thoughts.  Then I had to collect myself.  And as tears flowed, my voice broke and I tried to tell her of the miraculous moment. 

I remember each of them.  Quite clearly.  The way they each smelled, the way they wiggled in my arms, the way they struggled to see me and open their eyes, the way there was an immediate bond and connection, how they didn't cry and how they just knew who I was.  How my voice soothed them and I will never forget it.  Never.  Nothing else in the world compares to it, before or after.

In that moment when I saw each of them, I knew what true love was, I knew my life was going to change epically and I knew they'd be my everything.  They were my first thought in the morning when I woke, and the last thought at night before I slept.  I would forever think of them every moment of every day until I breathe my last breath.  I could easily say when I laid eyes on them it took my breath away.  I could tell you tears of joy streamed down my cheeks, uncontrollably.  I could tell you that it was indescribable and that the only way I could help my daughter to understand, was by saying some day, if she chose to have children - she would know. 

Even now, writing it all down.  My eyes fill with tears, my chest begins to swell and I struggle to maintain an even tone in my voice.  I followed it by telling her - it's the only true love you will ever really know.  Unlike anything.  Sometimes, when I look at my amazing children, I get lost in those thoughts.  They think I'm silly and ridiculous.  They just don't know yet.   But. They will.  They will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...