Thursday, December 17, 2015

An Angel

If you only knew how much I truly miss you?  Last night I saw you.  You were smiling and everyone around you was aglow with your warmth and love.  You must know how much I wish that dream was real.  How I wish you could've stayed longer.  No one ever made me feel more loved and accepted than you.  You brought that to everyone.  The depth of your love and the beauty of your soul was nothing short of perfection.  You taught me truth's no one ever would.  You held my hand in some of the most difficult moments of my life.  You never judged anybody.  And with a smile and a touch of your tiny soft hands, you'd tell me everything would be okay.  I knew it was true. 

There were never any hidden messages.  No lies.  No exaggerations.  No agenda.  You would pray.  And people would heal.  I've never in my whole life ever heard anyone breath a bad word about you.  EVER!  Never any drama or gossip.  You lived life so simply.  Your love held no boundaries.

How I wish little man could've met you.  How you would've adored him and how he would've reminded you of Nano.  Sometimes I think it's why the bond is so strong with Mom.  The kids love to tell him about you.  He sleeps with your pillow.  How the kids would love to see you.  You are our angel.  When I see you in my dreams, I get upset when they end.  I know it's selfish.  You always taught me to be grateful for the little moments, how much more they'd matter in the long run.  I miss you.  I wish you were here now to guide me.  I need you so much.

I want to believe you came to see me last night, because you always knew when my heart was troubled.  I know you're always watching.  I miss your half tuna sandwiches and unsalted chips with a pickle and a diet pepsi.  I miss hearing the TV blaring with baseball in the other room and Nano with his jokes.   He'd make such a mess with his lunch.  You were always so patient.  You listened.  Our talks.  You were more honest with me than anyone.  How I wish someone would listen the way you always did.  You were everything I wish I could be.  You always knew when anyone's heart needed healing.  You are still the single biggest figure in my life.  I try so hard to be humble, to be honest, to be patient, to be understanding, to not pass judgment.  I struggle.

What I wouldn't give to be standing next to you in the kitchen, watching you cook and hearing you sing.  Funny thing.  The little stuffed yellow mama and baby cats you gave me, weren't where they were supposed to be yesterday.  It was you.  It had to be you.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...