Sunday, January 7, 2024

Promise

I was helpless, like a starry-eyed newborn birthed in blood, only my knuckles were still white and wrapped furiously around the rusty blade.

I had been sightly and grotesque begging for purity despite the visage of a monster I had created to survive. I didn’t want to feel that beast breathing on the back of my neck, not one second longer. 

I wanted fresh flowers blooming around my heart so that I could peer down at the world and remember more than the pungent smell of sulfur and ash. 

Give me back my wild eyes and untainted heart, and I will carve a beautiful life from the clouds, and let love pour once again into me, with soft and sweet musings of a simpler more magical me. I promise I will be kinder to my soul. I promise I will love me more this time. I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...