Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Wreckage

I had been here before
amongst the wreckage of people 
with their drunk hearts and empty souls
mindless chatter and phony smiles
making their way through the crowd
hoping to find a reprieve, a glimpse of themselves in another’s
challenged eyes and reckless 
banter
had I also not wanted to be there
to live inside another’s eyes
to be kept safe 
to feel fleeting joy and hungered for approval 
for I too had wished away my anonymity 
I too had sold my soul 
and as I looked around
feeling little of what I needed 
for what I wanted would not be found here
a sense of not belonging 
discontent and dejectedly out of place
to bide my time I bleated on with the sheep
and then
in a swift and glorious moment I walked away
I would not be angry with myself
I would not be angry with them
I would simply be
looking back I now know
that this is where I found myself 
I will be good
I will be strong 
I will endure 
I had found peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...