Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Refusing to go quietly

in the last few weeks, my faith in humanity had begun slipping away. I started to believe there was no way to reach change, to remind myself and others of what was truly important, I had begun to let go of thoughts - that me, a mere nobody, could show enough kindness to a stranger that they might carry kindness on to the next stranger. it tore at my soul and left me bruised very deeply at my core, and then how could I let go of my own belief that people were inherently good and wanted to make such a kind gesture for others simply to see a smile. without benefit or recognition, but through true humanity and charity. there's just so much sadness and greed that has swept over our world, replacing love and kindness with bitterness and the reluctance stand up for one another. then All the little things started to matter again, I saw people fight for each other, I witnessed love and sacrifice beyond that for which I thought I was capable of giving myself. fighting my own battles I forgot what was important and that this was not how I want to leave this world. I refuse to go quietly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...