Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Lots of luck

so tired of the basics
the usual garden variety
the self absorbed and diluted

what I need is a man
one who knows when to open a door
and when to smack my ass
knows how to pay a compliment 
or call me on my bullshit and gently put me in my place
treasures honesty and loyalty
knows that I wear armor to protect my fragile heart and soul, and I wear it to fight for the ones I love or the ones who can’t defend themselves
will tell me things I didn’t know and not get upset that I can’t always remember everything 
respects my intellect even without the education I forfeit 
knows sometimes I just need someone to hold my hand and hold me while I look impossibly ugly as I cry my heart out about feelings and thoughts I’m unable to articulate and calls me pretty anyway
that hears what I don’t say
listens to what I do say
and genuinely is concerned and cares about what I need or just acknowledges when I ramble on about things he finds less interesting 
I need a man that will not just give me, but show me the love I deserve 
a man that thinks I am a precious gift in his life, one he doesn’t want to live without

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...