Friday, April 29, 2016

..this kid

I sat by the rink wall watching all the kids (elementary) fly by on their skates, I wanted to see them - their faces, the excitement... I couldn't help but reminisce; the smell of the rink, the flashing lights, the loud music, cheap pizza and kids with flashing bracelets and necklaces.  Oh those were the days.   I wanted to skate, but we arrived late and an overdue phone call delayed my getting in line for skates.  Once I went to get them - the rink was closing in 40 minutes, seemed hardly worth the $11.  Still, my sweet boy had a wonderful time. 

I watched him show off, he was quite charming.  Two girls from his class have a crush on him.  So I watched as they each followed him and talked to him.  I could tell they were crushing.  Very cute too.  It really was the sweetest thing.  When he started talking about it, he mentioned he'd have to call his older brother and tell him that he had more 'game' then his big brother.

This kid...he kills me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...