Sunday, October 28, 2012

An old friend stopped by to see me. We always stayed in touch and he could sense my hour of need. I was in no condition to entertain and quite leary at first, but he insisted. I had nothing to lose so I mustered up the strength. Turns out it was an absolutely exquisite evening. It felt good to forget everything for a while and catch-up and laugh.

I keep playing it over and over again in my mind, it was like watching film noir. I got all dolled up and immediately was aglow, I felt glamorous and radiant like Ava Gardner in Hemingway's The Killers or Yvonne De Carlo in Criss Cross. My dark hair perfect until possessed by the strong cool breeze, my skin like porcelain and my lips a deep red. The night was abundant with mystery and intrigue.

There had always been a connection between us. The conversation captivating, as usual, his compliments genuine, it was child-like reverie. His gaze can still make me blush, it's like a fever. It was so powerful it sent goosebumps through me and I began to shiver. Always chivalrous, he offered his jacket for warmth. I declined, I needed to feel alive.

The magnetism between us is still very compelling. He was a perfect gentleman and my soul was rich from the much needed pampering. His personality just as sparkling and beautiful as I remembered, and his dark sense of humor came with such ease. It was a rather serendipitous evening and his company was most enchanting.

I feel like I can breathe, I'm even hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...