Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Love Sucks!

Well...I'm right back where I started. It's difficult to say how I came to revisit this thing called loneliness. I'm still twisted over the reasons - but who wouldn't be? I honestly thought I was in a reciprocating loving, honest relationship. I didn't see it coming, and it knocked me down hard. I'm struggling to get back up and brush myself off.

I guess I love too much, too hard and evidently too soon. Why do I always end up getting hurt? Why do I have to suffer because I choose to live my life with passion? It's what happens when you're an 'all or nothing' kind of person.

I'm taking a hiatus from dating, love and relationships. I just can't take the bullshit and lies anymore. My heart needs to heal. I was so ready for love too. I knew exactly where I was in my life and so sure of what I wanted. I thought I had found my match. My companion.

Why is it when this happens, we question ourselves? We try introspection and reflection to see if we did something wrong? I didn't though. I love him for him. I never asked him to be anything except himself. And how do you go from laughter and such great times to a break-up?

Problem is, he has no fucking clue as to where he is in his life. Not even divorced and questionable as to going back to the wifey at this point. I know, I know. Rule #1 - never ever date a man that's still married. Separation means nothing. After a lifetime of memories, he's clueless about what he wants and likely you're going to be the rebound. Ding, Ding, Ding. I knew it too. I called it. But oh how he laid it on me - so reassuring. So convincing that I was what he'd been looking for his whole life. Yep - it makes me a schmuck! A sucker! A dumb-ass! Why do fools fall in love? (clearly rhetorical)

Oh sure - I can hear it now. I told you so. Figures you go to blaming him because Captain Obvious, wasn't obvious enough. Women. We always take all these little signs and gestures to heart and interpret them into our own little sordid meanings. Let me tell you this - I didn't misinterpret a damn thing. I know what I was told. I know how I felt. It was obvious to even the people that love me the most, that he was crazy in love with me. And we were completely honest with each other, on every level. My policy, of course. I have to be honest with myself and I wanted to have an honest relationship.

It wasn't just sex. Don't get me wrong - that was great. But it takes two to tango and we were lucky to have that much chemistry. This wasn't a relationship founded on sex, though. I fell in love with his writing. Our conversations grew into an incredible friendship. We enjoyed each other's company immensely. It was easy and fun. He got me and I got him. We didn't even have sex for nearly 3 months into dating. WTH is that?!! And I'm always running on insatiable. But I wanted to do this differently. I wanted it to be meaningful and I wanted to respect myself and see if things could truly blossom into something genuine. No it wasn't an experiment. Somehow, the way everything fell into place was just how it happened. He was a gentleman and I am a lady. He treated me like a princess and held me in high regard.

Then one fine day, out of nowhere I could sense a disconnect. Something was odd in the way he was acting, the way he looked at me, even the things he was saying. So I asked. And in a phone conversation (primarily because I pressed the issue, once I knew there was one) he broke up with me. I didn't think it was real. So I told him I needed closure and he owed it to me to talk to me face to face. He never swayed. It was over. Just like that, with no warning, this beautiful love he had for me had ended.

I wasn't going to grovel. I wasn't going to beg. I have dignity. I have too much respect for me. So eventually I agreed it was what was best. My heart won't let it go. And it's been painful to get away from the mere thought of him or a memory. I'm trying to distract myself. Nothing's working yet. Ugh!! Love sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...