Friday, August 13, 2010

Realizations...

It feels like it's just another game. It's so disheartening. Is dating something for me? The "friendship" thing is a farce, a lie. It's just another way to reel you in and then throw you back when they're done with you. I don't regret it, even if it was a lie - it helped bring on some realizations.

I'm kind and generous and trusting and somehow that is perceived as a weakness. It can and has made me naive at times, especially in matters of the heart because I believe I'm being taken seriously. I'm done dating emotionally unstable and immature guys, I'd like a man who is confident and knows what he wants and is sincere in his interest in me, to step up. Please don't misconstrue - I'm not saying these are bad men - they are good men, with the potential to be a great men. I just wish they had not deceived me - there is a great loss in my heart for those I thought to be my friend.

I know what I'm worth. I don't need a man, but it would be nice if maybe one could add something special to my life. I am a strong independent woman, I'm not afraid to stand on my own. I know where I've been, how I got there, and where I'd like to go with my life. I choose to be positive and optimistic. I know some find that to be one of my qualities. I'm always finding something good in even the most dismal of situations. I'm happy with who I am and everyday I strive towards self improvement and bettering the quality of my life and those that are a part of it. I'd like to share that with someone, someone that thinks I add something special to their life.

I know he's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...