Sunday, September 22, 2024

The Sun and The Moon

The moon 
hears all your secrets, 
wishes and dreams 

born of stars, 

she kisses your tears 

hidden beneath

black velvet skies, 

she embraces

your reticence 

concealed by daylight, 

she is your peace

She shares her light 

on your darkest nights 

and gives breadth 

to hope and all of your 

midnights 


You see

I know what it’s like

to be alone

and obscured by daylight 

I have never 

belonged

to this world

I am always

adrift in an 

endless cycles

phasing in and out

always circling the outside 

lost in a sea of

beauty from a billion stars

sometimes stealing the

warmth given by 

the sun


You must be 

the sun because 

you are brilliant and beautiful 

and your soul burns too 

bright for this world

but it never stops

you from

giving life to everything 

and always being 

a light

for everyone 

even when you are weary,

still, you burn 


And here I am 

selfish again

because 

I want to forget 

the world

that keeps us apart

I want to bathe 

and burn

in your light 

And feel our souls

melt into one

when our celestial

and ethereal 

bodies collide 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...