Wednesday, September 26, 2018

At last

For months
I couldn’t escape
A million things
A billion thoughts
All of them crushing

Losing sleep
Tossing about in my bed
Fluffing and rearranging pillows
Taking care to find the sweet spot
Struggling to close my eyes

And then
Quiet
Just peace and quiet
And then
I heard you
It was a but a moment

And just like that
Like a moth to the flame
As if something cosmic and unknown
Set wildfire to my bed
I was on my feet

Your whispers carried gently on the wind
You called for me

Barefoot and barely clothed
I stepped outside
The dark clouds that cast shadows
That shrouded you in months past
Gave way
They moved aside now with ease
Such beauty
Such light

Basking in your embrace
Aglow in your  warmth
And like a child
I began to spin around
Giggling and looking up in awe
Smiling
I swayed to the music
Music only I could hear
You stayed there
Dancing with me
Touching me

At last
My Moon
You saved me
At last





No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...