Thursday, June 29, 2017

miles and miles to go

There is so much prestidigitation, all the smoke and mirrors might actually draw blood, there's so much moral turpitude.  I had a hard time reconciling my own written words, so I've written and rewritten this a dozen times...

My life is stranger than fiction and this might be one of the strangest and still one of the most exciting things that ever happened to me.  There was this time, when I was incredibly naïve and I started talking online with a well-known writer.  He wanted to start a record company and I was going to be his PR rep, and since I have an affinity for music, we set out to find the right 'one' to set it off and be the first on our label and on vinyl.  We searched and searched, frantically even, for the perfect talent - someone with the right look and sound (he was very selective) my how we scoured the internet, only to be disappointed around every corner.  Then, he found someone to do the artwork for the label, set up the site and we came close to finding the talent.  We must've pillaged every social media outlet we could, but we just couldn't give it wings, all the while he was working on his movie.  Ultimately he abandoned the label and then me.

He was beautiful and all of his friends were beautiful.  He was funny and brilliant and a little odd in ways difficult to explain, but intriguing nonetheless.  He was a writer with a degree in psychology, a former model, and had owned a magazine company in his 20's, an avid collector of all things vinyl.  Then one day he digitally started to fade away. And while he made me realize some things about myself, when I was done playing a part in his story, we both seemed to settle back into our lives.  He was onto better things, like making a movie and I was surely off to dazzle the world and fall in love.  He used to tease me about it but he also use to tell me how he loved me.  His movie comes out next year.  I am looking forward to it, even if we don't talk anymore, and he treats me like a stranger too busy to nod in my direction, I will always remember those few months.  Still, I know a lot about him, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he was real and I know a lot of things that perhaps bother him enough to leave me behind.  We will leave it at that.  I do miss our late, late night laughing and talks, his stories will stay with me forever and some of the tender moments we shared will be some of my fondest memories, but mostly I miss his laugh. 

When I think of him now, I smile.  I'd love to share some of the truly amazing and even gritty stories, and the ones that seemed almost magical, but my favorites will always be the strange ones - things you just can't make up.  Better than any fiction, I've ever read.  I'm saving those for a book under a surname, I think it would be best to protect most of the characters in those stories...

I fall in love every day - every single day, with countless people for countless reasons.  I'm not in a rush to be in love - let alone date, so, I'm okay with being in love with life right now.  Seems, my journey isn't over yet.  I've miles and miles to go and many more pages to write.

I still believe my love will find its way to me and I to it.  I've met some pretty awesome and amazing people.  I could complain that people weren't who they said they were, but truth be told, it's just more words to fill more pages and truth be told I have some pretty amazing stories to tell.

Some day I'll get to sharing those.  Just have to shrug off this writer's block and finish a few chapters before I can move forward...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universe

It will all be okay, it will.  I don’t know how, but I do know it will be okay. It may not be what we all think it should be, but it will be...